MGA Employee Benefits
The Maryland General Assembly provides a package of subsidized employee benefit programs for eligible regular employees. Some contractual employees are eligible to enroll in the same health benefits as regular employees, with the exception of flexible spending accounts. Contractual employees who work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized medical and prescription coverage for themselves and any eligible enrolled dependents. Contractual employees who do not meet the minimum work requirements may apply for unsubsidized health insurance at a cost determined by the State Department of Budget and Management.
Regular employees who work at least 50% are eligible for the following benefits:
- Health insurance, including vision, prescription, and dental coverage for employees and their eligible dependents*
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) and 457(b) Traditional and Roth accounts
- Paid Leave
- Payroll Online Service Center (POSC)
- State Employees Credit Union (SECU)
- Free Parking
*Costs partially subsidized by the State.