Educational Tours of the Maryland General Assembly Legislative Complex
The Visitors Program in the Department of Legislative Services serves Members of the Maryland General Assembly, their staff, and public constituents by offering free educational tours of the legislative complex to groups by advance reservation only (8:30 a.m. is the earliest tour start time; 4:00 p.m. is the latest tour start time).
How Groups Can Request a Guided Virtual Visit:
During the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person group tours are suspended indefinitely but groups of 10 or more people may request a “live” guided Virtual Visit of the legislative complex by submitting the online request form below:
- School Groups and Youth Groups (3rd grade through 12th grade age groups): complete this Virtual Visit Request Form
- Adult Groups (Post-secondary school age groups and above): complete this Virtual Visit Request Form
The Visitors Program will issue an email that confirms receipt of your Request Form and provides supplementary information for exploring a reserved virtual visit date and time.
Basic Information about Guided Virtual Visits:
- There is a limit to how many groups the Visitors Program can reserve for guided Virtual Visits each weekday. School/Youth Groups are given priority during the academic school year for Virtual Visit reservations.
- The Visitors Program prefers to offer the Virtual Visit on the Group’s own online meeting platform (Zoom, Google Meet, MS Teams, or Skype). Groups without one of these platforms can be hosted on the Visitors Program’s Zoom meeting platform.
- The guided Virtual Visit typically takes 40 to 60 minutes. Please mention any time limit preferences in the “additional comments” section of the Virtual Visit Request Form.
- Overall, the Virtual Visit emphasizes learning about (1) the General Assembly as the representative body of the people of Maryland; (2) the legislative process; and (3) the importance of public input in that process.