Acquisitions & Technical Services
Acquisitions & Technical Services orders books, periodicals, databases, and other materials for the library to be used by members of the legislature and staff. Once materials are cataloged they are processed and shelved. Acquisitions and Technical Services performs the following duties:
- Collection Maintenance: Materials such as copies of the bills and synopses are bound and thereby preserved for future use.
- Mandated Reports: The mandated reports specialist is responsible for tracking and acquiring printed and electronic copies of all reports distributed or submitted to the Maryland General Assembly.
- SirsiDynix: This is the system hosting the acquisition, cataloging, processing, and circulation functions of the library. The administrator updates and configures SirsiDynix products regularly.
- Bill Files: Legislative committees submit their bill files to the library for processing, scanning, and microfilming.
- Annotated Code of Maryland: Sets of the Maryland Code are loaned to members of the Maryland General Assembly and DLS staff. Library staff maintains distribution records and updates the sets several times a year.